3/2/13

Moin Moin!

As usual when you are enjoying life time is like a rocket that shoots you forward at the speed of light and before you know it you are 25 and 2/3 of your stay in Germany is up....what happened?! Well I guess you can't know, I have not written much in this blog....

Now I have 2h on a train to Cologne to kill so I figure it was time for an update. Rhein is floating on my right and the train passes by scenic German landscape with wine-yards decorating the mountain sides and the cites showing off their old churches and castles, it is really nice :)

I will try to remember at least some of what I have done, probably completely out of order though...

A few weekends ago I went to Frankfurt. It takes only about 40min with the train from Mannheim to Frankfurt. It was a cold cloudy day (like every day...hehe) but if I'm gonna wait for the nice sunny days to discover my surroundings I would only see Mannheim...however this was probably the WORST day to go sightseeing but how was I to know? At first the weather was ok, but just when I decided to take a stroll down to look at the area around Rhein it started to rain, then it rained some more, and even more...You can imagine, at least I had an umbrella but I was far from the rescue of a roof...But as a child I have learned not to let the weather stop me so I keep on walking, thinking it could not get much worse, then it started to hail, A LOT!! Now I was really thinking IT CAN NOT get any worse...then it also started to THUNDER! All I could do was laugh, it was crazy! But now I was really wet and could, what to do I hade to go inside and lucky for me I found a big mall, I was almost forced to also do some shopping hehe :D. To finish my visit I went up in "Main tower" to look at the view, the clouds started to disappear and from the tower I there was a very nice view of a very beautiful sunset, my reward for conquering the weather!

After returning to Mannheim I met up with Jens and his friends for some sightseeing of the night life in Mannheim :D think this was the night we went to a club that had a 90's theme, no words needed it was a great night :) Been out a few times i Mannheim now and every night has been great, much thanks to the very nice friends I have found here who takes very good care of me!

Last weekend I went to Weinheim which is another city in the Rhein-Neckar area where Mannheim also is located. i liked Weinheim very much and if I have time I will go back :)

For my 25th bday Jens had prepared a nice dinner with some more of the friends that I have met here, Sarah (who I am meeting in köln today) Dani, Nici, Edgar humm hope I have not forgotten anyone :). They don't know me that much yet at leat not then so I thought it was vey nice of them to celebrate my bday with me, it was a fun evening even if I had to get up to work the next day, Thank you! From Sarah I also got a German book that I am now working my way through :)

My German is getting better but it is still hard! Every week me and Jens meet especially to practise my German (and some Swedish for Jens :), last week we made tacos and this week we made Pizza, do I need to say that these german lessons are much more fun than the once I had in Sweden!

If you have lasted this long BRAVO!

Maybe I will update soon again, now I'm gonna enjoy the last of my train ride, when I have better internet I will posts some pics!

E.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers